Couple questions about '96 Grand Voyager

Anyone have any idea why the thermometer display in the overhead console would suddenly start reading 0 degrees, occaisionally dropping to low, low negatives (-75 was observed once!)? The rest of the display (compass, Odometer, DTE, etc.) all works fine, so I suspect a problem with the sensor itself... anyone have an idea where the sensor for this thing is located and if there's any simple test procedure for it (resistance measurement or something)?

There've been a couple other strange electrical problems as well: for the longest time, the left-turn signal would stick on, sometimes immediately on activation, sometimes after a couple blinks, and would even stay on with the key turned off. All bulbs, fuses and relays checked fine and it was only on left-turn that it happened. This particular issue went away a couple months ago all by itself, after being an annoyance for several months previously, and hasn't returned since.

Another more current oddity is that sometimes the wipers will go on steady "low" when set to any intermittant setting, and when this happens, turning them off causes them to stop instantly where they are. This happens only very intermittantly and disappears as quickly as it appears.

Reply to
Matt Ion

That year was plagued with ground point problems, causing very strange symptoms. I suggest that you locate the ground stud at the base of the trans dipstick and clean it up. That fixed my ghost wipers. There are others too; one, I believe associated with the body control computer and is under the dash. Rick

Reply to
Rick

Interesting... thanks for the tip, I'll check that out.

BTW, I should have noted before, on this temp-display thing... I DID do the requisite Google search first (I'm a 'net old-timer, I know the drill ;) and nothing I turned up has applied so far other than actually tracking down and testing the sensor; all the suggestions I found for onboard diagnostics don't seem to apply to the '96.

Reply to
Matt Ion

More then likely the ambient temp sensor is bad, it is located on the front of the raditor support, just behind the grille, as far as the t/s go, you probably have a faulty Multifunction switch Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Reply to
mic canic