Crossfire engine

I'm curious about the engine that Chrysler is using for Crossfire. Chrysler says it has a 3.2-Liter V6 SOHC

18-Valve Engine. The 3.2L engine that Chrysler previously used for some second geneartion LH cars, such as my Intrepid, had 24 valves. Assuming that they are the same basic engine, why does the Crossfire model have less (intake?) valves?
Reply to
Greg Houston

Big Boy ES

Ahh, that makes sense. I had forgotten about the Deutsch angle.

A comparison of the two engines is interesting.

Chrysler 3.2L 220 bhp (164 kW) @ 6600 rpm / 222 lb-ft (301 N-m) @ 4000 rpm

Mercedes 3.2L Net Power 221 hp @ 5,600 rpm Net Torque 232 lb-ft @ 3,000 -

4,800 rpm

Big Boy ES wrote:

Reply to
Greg Houston

Your assumption is wrong, the Crossfire uses a Mercedes engine. Martin

Reply to
Martin Boer