Daimler Chrysler-Jeep employee buyout??

A friend of mine worked at the Toledo, Ohio DC Jeep plant. Many have been laid off with no hope of being called back. Many employees with lots of years of service are getting big buyout monies. He has only been employed by them for a little over a year. He thinks he will be offered a buyout, but will he? With so little time in, wouldn't they just let him remain laid off and never call him back? I wonder if there is a certain amount of time that can pass and the company no longer has to rehire them or call them back?

Your thoughts? Anthony

Reply to
FERRANTE

When I saw your heading, I thought the employees were trying to buy Chrysler. Now I see it's not what you mean, but why don't they? Why not have a company owned by the employees? Some airline did this years ago.

Reply to
Lloyd

I wonder if anybody is considering this -- the current Harley Davidson renaissance started with an employee (maybe just management?) purchase. No idea what $7B comes to per employee.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

I've got a hunch Ceberus would sell it for a whole lot less.

Reply to
Lloyd