Damm Aspen rant

The Aspen nearly killed Chrysler in the 1970's and the nearly had the Newark DE assembly plant closed then. Now the Aspen has finally killed the plant. Of course the K-car, assembled there had to rescue it and the company

I care because I am a Newark DE native and once owned a 1976 POS Aspen. As the Newark assembly plant goes so does Chrysler.

Oh yea, the UAW had a part of this too. They squeezed the US auto industry dry by their greed.

Reply to
Charles

I still wouldn't mind getting a hold of a Super Coupe.

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Times change. Because of an entrenched union that plant may have to go to save Chrysler. Unions are often needed, but too often their lack of reality isn't needed.

Reply to
Spam away

In defense of the Aspen/Volare, my mother bought a new Volare in 1978 and I still have it. Other than normal maintenance, the car is original and runs/drives just fine. I would not trade it even for any of the plastic throw away cars on the lot today!

Bruc

Reply to
Highcountry

I agree BUT... you don't live in the rust belt, do you?

It is a shame they didn't just continue on with the A-bodies they already had, they were better cars than the ones they were replaced by.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I had a great experience with one as well. Slant 6 4-speed. They rusted, but other than that, they were great. I wouldn't recommend one to an idiot, though. There was always some electrical problem or other that I had to work around.

I'd like to have mine back now, if I could.

Reply to
Joe

True enough.

Reply to