Did I hear a chime in my '01 PT Cruiser?

At least two times recently, I thought I heard a chime ringing in my Cruiser when I started it. Not the little bell you hear all the time, but a chime like you'd hear on a better clock with an electronic movement. Did I??

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

I've never heard it on our 2010 PT Cruiser. Maybe the color makes the difference? Mine is Inferno Red.

Reply to
Steve Stone

Maybe you need this:

LOL!

Reply to
Bill Putney

My 03 has a light and chime on ' low fuel. Jerry

Jerry - OHIO

it might chime when the low tire light comes on too.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I have had 4 92 Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth Grand Something or others, and if ANY gauge or warning light comes on there is an accompanying chime.

What is currently driving me nuts is Windshield Washer. Easily fixed.

The last one...the oil pressure gauge would drop to 0 after the engine was fully warmed, and every time there would be a chime and "Check Gauges" would appear on the dash. NOT so easily fixed...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

That could very well be the sender itself due to an internal leak (inside the sender - which can put equal pressure on the *other* side of the diaphragm, thus nulling out the pressure on the side that is supposed to be pressurized. Try replacing the sender. Hopefully that's what it is rather than a true pressure drop.

Reply to
Bill Putney

That van has long since met it's maker...2 years ago. The "new" one (92 Grand Caravan) doesn't have this problem...yet...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B