Rear Sway bar annd mounts for a 1973 Plymouth Satellite wanted.

Anyone have a way rear sway bar and mounts in good condition that they would like to sell? Thanks so much!

Reply to
Rocket

It looks like Year One has reproduction bushings, it doesn't mention anything about the sway bar.

KM

Reply to
KirkM

Aftermarket bars (like Addco) are available. Or you could find a stocker in a wrecking yard that has older cars, which is how I added a REAR sway bar to my '73 Satellite.

Reply to
Steve

You'll need the plate that goes between the rear spring and the rear axle mount, which also is the lower mount for the shock absorber, I think. From there, the bar and mounting bushings/grommets/brackets where it mounts to the rear body, plus bolts and the related end links. It should be a bolt-in situation, especially if you can find a car in the salvage yard . . . less so, possibly, you choose an aftermarket bar that might require more "cut and fit" operations.

My gut suspicion is that you can find a bar from a '75 era Cordoba (which had rear sway bars as standard equipment for the first couple of years). Usually just one diameter bar for the normal cars, with a slightly larger one for the police versions. In some cases, they were billed as being for "radial tuned suspensions" and were part of that package on the '73-'74 Road Runners (which came with the GR70-15 Goodyear radials on W23 Class II 16-slot Road Wheels (when other Road Runners had 14" wheels or 60-series 15" tires on Rallye wheels).

The similar B-body cars of that '73+ era could all be possibilities, but the Cordoba versions all came with bars as standard equipment. The similar Dodge Chargers had them as optional, as I recall, and also came with bias-belted tires as standard rather than radials (which the Cordoba had). Same with the Satellites and Coronets.

The police-spec bar is marginally larger in diameter. It might be nice to find a small Fury police car . . . plus the many other HD parts they had . . . but the small additional increase in size will probably not make a significant difference in how it drives and corners. The fact there's a sway bar back there is the main thing.

Enjoy!

C-BODY

Reply to
C-BODY