Dodge Dakota Diesel Swap

Has anyone in the world ever done one? The Dakota is the right size of truck for general use and a diesel in one would be really nice.

Reply to
Ted

Yes: Chrysler. They sell diesel Dakotas in South America.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

What engine do they use?

Reply to
Ted

Not sure.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Call Roger Penske. Detroit Diesel had a Durango at the Detroit International Auto Show a few years back with a V6 diesel that they were trying to push Dodge into offering. They had run the thing to Florida & back and had gotten much better fuel mileage than the gasoline version (can't remember the exact numbers, just that they were impressive). Dodge was so upset at them that they had to display the thing OUTSIDE the show in the lobby of COBO Hall.

Jeff Falkiner

Reply to
Jeff Falkiner

If they wanted to do a diesel Dakota, I'm sure the engine that recently became available in the Jeep Liberty would work. It wouldn't be fast, but it would drive ok and get much better fuel economy than the gas engines.

Reply to
KokomoKid

OK, but in Argentina and/or Brazil, they're offered with a diesel engine.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I know of a guy that put a Cummins in one,ran pretty good & he drove it alot until one day the throttle stuck,went over a cub & in some trees. I read & seen oics of it on the Turbo Diesel Register site.

Reply to
Bob Doe