Fog lights on 2005 Dodge SX 2.0 (Neon), blown fuse

Hi there,

I drive a Dodge SX 2.0 in Canada (where daytime running lights are mandatory), and my fog lights stopped working a few days ago. They are on all the time as Daytime Running Lights, and I also use them at night with my headlights. When I noticed they were not operating I tried turning them on and off several times, until I got a clicking sound (at low frequency, maybe

60Hz) and they would stay on (but flicker), so I stopped right away. I checked the fuse on the fuse block inside the car, and sure enough it was blown. I replaced it, but the lights still did not work, and trying to reproduce the effect above did not work. After trying a few times the second fuse I put in was blown as well. It is a 10A fuse. I also tried a 7.5A fuse which also blew up, so there must be a short somewhere in the wiring path. The car has 53,000km.

Any ideas if this is a common problem, or where I should start looking? I've never had this sort of problem before with this car.

Thanks

Reply to
fritex

I drive the 03 model and was wondering how to change the bulbs. Mine, too are blown - but I don't think it's the fuse in my case. How do you change these??

Reply to
bvrbscts