GE "SUV" Halogen bulbs?

I saw GE "SUV" replacement halogen bulbs (9004, etc.) at my local Canadian Tire store yesterday. Has anyone tried these replacement bulbs? Any recommendations? Do they compare with Sylvania XtraVision?

Will

Reply to
Will Halina

Looks like a new item in the GE catalogue: 9004SUV/BP2, 9006SUV and

9007SUV. No description of what makes this an "SUV" bulb, but the life rating is 150 hours longer for the "SUV" bulb compared to the regular bulb. That and the "-BP2" packaging (blister pack of two bulbs) probably points to GE launching a "Big, tough, brawny bulbs for your big, tough, brawny SUV" marketing effort.

GE's market-equivalent to the Xtravision is the High Output, though Sylvania's burners are better.

DS

Reply to
Daniel Stern Lighting