GM to pull the plug on Pontiac

No, I meant 1969. First produced in 1959, and according to the article "Minis were marketed under the Austin and Morris names until Mini became a marque in its own right in 1969." They've got a cite on this statement, which I haven't looked up.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Quite. I thought the Cooper was just a souped-up version of the Mini, a bit like Cosworth for, e.g. Ford (of Europe; used to be).

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Could be, could be.

DAS