Installing cigar lighter socket.

2004 Town and Country.

I have a GPS that needs to have voltage when the igntion switch is in the off position. The socket that is factory installed is switched off with the ignition.There is a plugged hole that is below the switched socket that is probably for a second socket. I am wondering if it may be pre wired for a hot socket.

Thanks in advance.

Everett

Reply to
everettcotton

Not sure about that vehicle, but many Chrysler vehicles have the fuse for the cigarette lighter (I assume that is the socket you are using) so that it can be put two different ways in the fuse panel. Installed one way it provides power only when ignition is on, installed the optional way supplies power all the time. I would think the owner's manual would say something about it - have you checked it?

Reply to
Bill Putney

Hi!

If it's a 2000 Grand Voyager (or Dodge Ram pickup IIRC), the manual will tell you to see the dealer to have it converted. :-)

I never looked into that, but if we ever my mother's GV back on the road, I might change it over. I can appreciate the "this won't run your battery down" aspect, but I like having power even when the key is off or not available.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh