2004 Town and Country Missing on cyl 3

I have a 2004 3.3 Town and Country with just under 36000 miles. My wife came in tonight with the engine lite lit. I read the code and it was PO 303 cylinder 3 misfiring. I know that it could be a plug, plug wire or something to do with the ignition. Maby fuel system??. Wonder what the most likely problem would be. Any help would be appricated.

Thanks in advance

EVerett Cotton

snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com

Reply to
Everett Cotton

I had the same problem with my 2004 3.8 Town and Country.(65k miles) Replaced the plugs and wires w/ bosch Plus2 platnium plugs and bosck wire. Big difference...now engine is really smooth.

Reply to
yappy

Reply to
jdoe

"Replaced the plugs and wires w/ bosch Plus2 platnium plugs"

Wrong plugs. For the 3.8 Chrysler and Champion provide three options. The dual platinum, a fine wire dual platinum or the fine wire Iridium (also a platinum design). The Bosch is merely a single platinum dispite the "2" designation and will wear out very fast in half of the cylinders into which it is installed. This is more than mere theory. The basic dual plat from Champion is currently the OEM plug. If if runs fine and the milage stays up don't pull the Bosch plugs, just note this for the future.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

There is a TSB that addresses such a problem. Replacing plugs and wires and possibly reflashing the PCM.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Took the Van to the Chrysler Dealer and they replaced the plugs and spark plug wiring. Runs smooth again. Thanks for the good replys.

Everett

Reply to
Everett Cotton

Reply to