Need cigarette lighter not to go off with the ignition switch!

Is there a way to have the cigarette lighter supply voltage at all times, without splicing into a hot wire. I need to have the GPS
recharge while the ignition is turned off. The vehicle is a 2004 Town and Country. Many thanks
On 10/07/12 07:55 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

On our '02 300M there is a fuse that can be inserted in either of two slots to select whether the cigarette lighter socket stays live or depends on the ignition switch position. Check your owner's manual for a similar option.
Perce
On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 09:45:35 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"

Many thanks, will check user manual and wiring diagram.
Everett
On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 09:45:35 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"

The solution about did not solve the problem. The only thing in the manual suggest that the dealer can accomplish making it stay on when the ignition is turned off. I searched the Internet and tried to find the fix on a Chrysler 2004 service disk I purchased on ebay.
Thanks in advance, Everett.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

This is from the 2004 Town an Country owners manual:
ELECTRICAL POWER OUTLETS - IF EQUIPPED
To the left of the instrument panel cup holder are two 12
volt power outlets. The upper outlet is controlled by the
ignition switch and the lower outlet is connected directly
to the battery. The upper outlet will also operate a
conventional cigar lighter unit (if equipped with an
optional Smoker's Package).
A third outlet is located on the driver's side, just to the
rear of the sliding door and is also controlled by the
ignition switch. The lower and rear outlets will not
accommodate a conventional cigar lighter unit.

I only have one on the dash and it is switched off with the ignition switch. I have not located a second connector that is hot. Guess I could splice into a hot wire, but would like to do it by the book if possible. It said in my owners manual that Chrysler could convert it to be hot all the time, but who wants to pay for what should be a simple task. many thanks, Everett
check your owners manual for any information. sometimes they put in a slot for an additional fuse in the fuse block under the hood.

Since we're top-posting...
On the '96-00, always-on 12V dash outlet is facilitated by installing a "module" in the engine relay/fuse block.
Internally, it's nothing but a jumper wire.
On 10/12/2012 11:14 PM, Rob wrote:

On 10/12/12 10:26 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

What is needed may be a simple programming change, a 2-minute job that the dealer might do for no extra charge when they have it in for regular service anyway. I think that having our '96 Stratus's doors lock automatically at 15mph was such a programming change that the dealer did free of charge.
Perce
On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 10:03:08 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"

I was able to find something that was able to make the rear seat outlet on with the ignition off, but the front outlet is still controlled by the ignition. I was told earlier by someone here that there was a setting in the fuse panel to make the outlet on with the ignition off, but it was in his earlier users manual. I found reference to changing the fuse position that is located in the upper right, with reference (ign or bat). You just unplug the fuse that is in the ign position and plug it into the batt position. I am still trying to convert the front outlet or find how to install the missing cigarette lighter.
On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 22:51:45 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I found that it seemed like my fuse block was set up to make that change but when I switched the fuse to the alternate position the cig liter still went on and off with the ignition.
On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 18:55:40 -0500, cottone40511 wrote:

In my 300C there is a plug in the center console that doesn't turn off, check and see if you have a plug in yours.
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 6:55:40 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I used a couple of fuse taps or "add-a-circuit' devices as they are sometimes called. They are available for any of the different fuse types commonly used.
The first one is inserted into a constantly powered fuse location and the second one is inserted in reverse configuration into the "cigarette" power outlet fuse location. Joining the output wires of the fuse taps completes the task.