Installing TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)

OK, the wife was complaining about stuttering at high speeds. I figured I must have installed the TPS wrong.

The HAYNES manual states "the throttle plate should close and the TPS unit should be rotated CLOCKWISE into position) ref Haynes Manual #25040 6-10

Now, I am holding the throttle body in my hand as I type. When the TPS unit is rotated in the clockwise direction to fit, as the manual states, this opens up (what I am assuming is) the throttle plate.

The TPS unit can be rotated in the COUNTER-clockwise direction to fit onto the throttle body without opening up the throttle plate.

It should also be noted that there is a hose connection on the throttle body that impedes the TPS from being rotated clockwise.

Is the manual in error by stating that the TPS must be rotated clockwise?

Thanx

Michale

Reply to
Michale

The FSM would have steered you right the first time. Use the Haynes (oor Chiltons for that matter) to clean your hands when your done.

Reply to
Mike Behnke