Jeep motor body module

Hi guys I have a 1997 Jeep Grand cherokee / I broke down the other night . The breakdown guy came out and couldnt start it .Took it to a well respected garage.. They had it for 6 days renewing coil / leads and spark plugs etc still couldnt get it to start .After me complaining about how long it was taking to fix and up to $700 bill later I told them to take it to a jeep dealer .They did this and within mins they said the body control module had to be renewed... After being lied to for over a week . Can anyone tell me could this faulty body control module prevent the car from starting .Or am I being taken for a ride again ?? Thanks guys

Reply to
geordie