Low fuel indication - how much is left?

Just out of curiosity - when the low fuel lamp illuminates on the Stratus, how much fuel (or highway driving distance) is left? I expect that it must be a reasonable amount, otherwise the indication would be of limited value.

I wouldn't normally let things get to that state, but I did once for interest. The tank then took about 50.1 L or 13.2 gallons.

Reply to
topgun

How big is your tank? The difference between that and the 13.2 gallons would be your reserve. For my PT Cruiser it comes on at about 13 gallons, leaving around 2 in reserve.

Reply to
Carl Keehn

Ayep, as Carl states, simple math gives you gallon reserve.

Fair warning, that reserve is not all you get from the fuel pump. I.E.> if you have a 2 gallon reserve when light goes on, expect only about 80% of that reserve usable from the fuel pump.

Reply to
Knifeblade_03