Neon AC

My 2000 neon AC compressor won't start. I have my doubts it's stuck. Will the AC compressor engage if the r134a is low?

Mike

Reply to
Mikhael47

If it were stuck, turning it on would result in loud noises and bad smells, because the belt would burn, burn, burn.

No.

-Stern

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Normally if the system is out of 134A, the compressor will not go on. This is somewhat a safety feature on cars.

Reply to
Black Bomb

Reply to
therebel

No it won't, and if the R134 is low save youself a LOT of grief and change both the evaporator and the condenser at the same time, as they virtually always fail within months of each other.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

The above is yet another crockashit from Clare. The evaporator and condenser do not need to be replaced *unless* they fail, and the idea of "saving yourself grief" by unnecessarily changing the evaporator, especially, is utterly laughable.

"Save yourself a bunch of grief, spend nine hundred unnecessary dollars"...

Pfft.

-Stern

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern