Nitrogen - $5 a tire

Now that I'm thinking about it, I recall that some local officials wanted to fine the radio station and the people involved for perpetrating a hoax. But they never did because he didn't do anything illegal and it would have made the politicians look like poor sports as well as stupid.

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

Next time you're going through security at an airport, tell them you've got dihydrogen monoxide in your carry on.

Then ask yourself (if you're American or Brit) if invading Iraq was worth it.

Reply to
MoPar Man

People need a humour injection. We regularly get great spoofs and hoaxes in our (UK) newspapers on Apr 1. One of the best was published by the Financial Times as a 'regular' country report. All the place names were printing terms and the articles conatined just general blah.

Then there was a report on spaghetti trees...

The BBC once reported that the white cliffs of Dover were being eroded by sulfuric acid... that caused quite a stir.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

In the war on terror, every day is better than the next.

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

Terror is a method.

You can't wage a war against a method.

Reply to
MoPar Man

Oh yeah - like, after numerous previous totally unprovoked Islamofasctist terror attacks, 9/11 was going to be the last one ever to occur. You are smarter (and more honest) than that I hope.

Bill Putney

So do we just kill ourselves now? Please tell me you aren't going to propose negotiating and appeasing the terrorists. Are you drinking early tonight or what?

Bill Putney

You're fighting a low level, slow motion war that is coming one way or another.

The Islamic world has oil, and the West (the USA and the UK mainly) needs more oil every day than it can pump from it's own property.

That's why you screwed with Iran, with Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and now with Iraq.

But it was always coming to this. It was just a question of how to do it, and when. Other countries have oil, but you don't invade them. Because the irrationality of Islam makes it hard to do the business of oil in the long term.

This world is coming to a war between those that are islamic and those that aren't - and it's because of oil, and it will again be the US and the UK leading the battle because 360 million people get very angry when gas stations run dry.

The worst thing it the lying. That Iraq was a threat. That it had WMD's. That Saddam Hussien was a bad man. One lie to cover up the last one. No -wait. The worst thing was that Americans so easliy believed it. But it doesn't matter now. The arab world sees red, but they're far away, and speak a different language, and their religion is from mars, and Americans are (as usual) staring at their own navel.

The USA was condemned to be addicted to oil, and Arabia was condemed to possess so much of it. The strong will take from the weak, that is human nature. Better to be part of the strong. But it rarely comes without a price, a cost, a toll.

We now think of each other as potential terrorist. Trust is gone. Little old ladies are not trusted that their bottle of water is a bottle of water. How much worse does it get?

Reply to
MoPar Man

They did. No one disputes that they had them in the past - the problem was that they couldn't account for them (what happened to the ones that no one disputes that they had in the past). Unless you don't believe in the law of the conservation of mass, then you know that the real lie is that "they didn't have them".

OK - NOW we know you're on the lunatic fringe to say that that is a lie. No more reason to continue the discussion.

Bill Putney

Nice and cozy with your head in the sand, isn't it?

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

The good news is that Norway has a vast fraction of oil reserves... but they won't pump it all...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I've wondered why little of Norway's oil goes to the US. For example, while Norway is the third largest net oil exporting country (3.2 million barrels per day) and arguably is closer (geographically) to the US, it supplies only a small amount (.3 mBPD) to the US. In 2001, the USA was getting twice as much oil from Iraq (and a little more than that from Nigeria) than it was from Norway.

The USA seems to go out of it's way NOT to get oil from Norway, while getting a disproportionatly large amount from the UK (in 2001, the US gets .31 mBPD from the UK, yet the UK ranks outside the top 12 oil producing countries). Also interesting is that again in 2001, the US imports very little oil from Kuwait (exact amount isin't known, but it's less than .3 mBPD).

It's strange that in 2001, the US gets .78 mBPD from Iraq (39% of Iraq's total export capacity at the time) while getting about .25 mBPD from Kuwait (about 14% of Kuwait's total export capacity).

Iraq: oil for food? Or oil for the USA?

Norway: USA doesn't want your oil? Or doesn't want to sell it to the USA?

Reply to
MoPar Man

...and lots of $$$ for Kofi Anan's son.

Bill Putney

The sad thing is, it's now banned in carry-on. Even when the TSA folks know what it is. ;P

Reply to
Isaiah Beard