No Heat from rear blower 2001 Town & Country

We own a 2001 T&C LXi with rear automatic temperature control. Heat does not come out of any of the in the ceiling nor in the floor. I'm guessing that the problem lies somewhere between the tubes up front and the door (?) that controls how much hot & cold air enter into the vents. I'd like some suggestions for ways to diagnose the problem. I don't have much experience replacing heater cores, re-charging refridgerant, etc., but am always eager to try anything at least once. Thanks.

Reply to
JohnnieG

When you say it doesn't come out of the ceiling or floor what does that mean? Does the air not come out or just no heat? the other thing is when this vehicle is in the rear heat mode you will not get it out of the ceiling but only out of the floor. If it is just a lack of heat have you checked your coolant level?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Heat does not come out of any of the rear vents - - only cold air.

Right - when the rear is set to the floor, it continues to blow cold air when set at the highest temperature.

I have heat in the front. This is what led me to think that the problem is somewhere between the front tubes and whatever controls the flow of cool air vs. heat. Good questions. Any thoughts how best to diagnose a failure in the rear components?

Reply to
JohnnieG

And once again, have you checked the coolant level?

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
philthy

Thanks for all the advice. Turns out the coolant level was low and the rear switch was not set to the floor.

Reply to
JohnnieG