Now it's Magma interested, but UAW block

Magna wants to keep it's big customer, but not everyone agrees. If the UAW aren't careful Hyundai or Chery will get Chrysler and all will lose out. If GM gets Chrysler all is totally lost, Chrysler will be toast!

> Magna, unions in talks to help Chrysler > > GREG KEENAN > > Globe and Mail Update > > Magna International Inc. chairman Frank Stronach met with leaders of the two > largest unions at the Chrysler Group last week to discuss ways of helping the > auto maker out of its current crisis. > Magna is doing ³substantial due diligence work on Chrysler and is seriously > considering the potential purchase of the company,² Brett Hoselton, an > analyst for KeyBanc Capital Market said in a report to clients Monday. > > Mr. Hoselton himself cast doubt on the potential of a deal, but noted that > Magna officials had held talks with senior UAW officials. > > ³Our sources indicate that UAW leadership was combative, and as a result, the > meeting was short and unproductive,² Mr. Hoselton wrote. > > Magna already manufactures vehicles on a contract basis for Chrysler, its > sister company Mercedes-Benz and other customers.
Reply to
Just Facts

Why would the UAW have a death wish? Either they do whatever is necessary to keep Chrysler alive or all of them are on unemployment sans healthcare after Chrysler goes bankrupt. A death wish accomplishes nothing.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

The Magna deal is the only thing on the table that preserves Chrysler, the unions would have to be insane to oppose it. The GM deal makes no sense at all. The only justification for it is that it preserves GM's ranking as the worlds largest car maker for another couple of years but it won't do anything for them in the long run, Toyota is going to be #1 eventually, if not this year then soon.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

IN fact, I know magna itself is in a tough condition. One facture under magna-umg, have already ask employers to work overtime without overtime pay. Do they really have enough money to buy?

Reply to
caiyang2

From what I recently read Magna just wants to keep in close touch with the situation so they don't lose an important customer.

Reply to