Pacifica engines KAPUT!

Hot of the rumour mill.

Production of Pacificas' will cease for a while due to big problems with engines.

Heard two versions, one, engines are seizing shortly after rolling off the production line. Two, engines "letting go" at around 20 000 Km's.

Bramaleigh, (Ontario) that makes the Intrepid, closed down earlier this evening.

Take it for what it's worth, just a rumour at work.

Reply to
Derek

And the purpose of posting a completely unsubstantiated rumor would be???

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

Anyone else miss the Car-Truck web site?

Reply to
MoPar Man

Reply to
Dodgem

Derek wrote in news:un8620tl62qcfupdt00fu7kltga2ss3q2s@

4ax.com:

I build the Pacfiicas and I can confirm that as of 2:30pm we were not building them. Something to do with engines is the rumour but not much was passed down the production line.

Reply to
Wired Gargoyle

So is it an unsubstanciated rumor NOW?????

Production of Pacifica's has halted at the Windsor Assy. Plant.

Reply to
Derek

The thing to do now is to WAIT and see what the problem MAY be and what is going to be done about it. This is the proper thing to do. IF they just found the problem, shutting down production and back searching is the right thing to do, instead of trying to hide anything. LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

Yes, it is still a rumor that engines are the problem, and I consider the plant stoppage to still be a rumor since only one person who claims to work there says it is stopped. Plants stop production all the time for all sorts of reason. This is hardly news and posting rumors as to what might have caused a shutdown doesn nobody any good and can cause unwarranted suspicions to be raised.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

Since the Pacifica uses the 3.5 L SOHC V6 engine from the 300M / LH cars, has the line for these cars shut down too?

Reply to
Greg

Here are the FACTS.

I work at the Chrysler plant (Windsor) and it is a fact that the Pacifica production has stopped.

I saw the computer screen for the Bramaleigh production figures. It certaily didn't look like it was a normal day when I reported my "rumour". Today in my area, not one Pacifica came through, just a lot of Caravans' & empty carriers.

This is not a fact, but word is, something to do with "crankshaft bolts failing".

I know there are some pretty hot headed guys in this group, so when I posted my "rumour", I was pretty sure about my info but was reluctant to disclose where I worked, guess the cat's out the bag now! Just thought you guys would be interested in the situation, don't worry, won't happen again.

Cheers

Reply to
Derek

I was at the Brampton Assembly Plant on Thursday when they shut down the line and sent everyone home on 1st shift. The problem is with the connecting rod bolts on the 3.5 L engine. Evidently they have some soft bolts that could fail.

The engine plant was to fly in new certified stock till the pipeline is purged, according to one of the engineers I talked to.

Reply to
news.slurp.net

Again, what is the purpose of posting it? To keep people from buying Chrysler cars? To show what a big shot know-it-all that you are? To get even with a boss you are ticked at? I'm guessing the latter.

It was a couple of memos from disgruntled employees that launched the Dow-Corning implant fiasco that cost billions of dollars in lawsuits and legal fees and bankrupted a perfectly good company. In the decade since, not a single shred of medical evidence, and there have been MANY studies, has shown a single connection between silicon and the problems these women were having. Yet the lawyers thrived and a good company and its employees paid a big price. I just have very little respect tolerance for people who try to start things like this. So, try to get over whatever you are mad about, and not start something with your employer that will hurt your fellow employees. The fact they they've stopped production to correct a problem tells me that they are doing the right thing. Now, if you had reasonable information that suggested they were CONTINUING production with a known engine defect, that would be something else entirely.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

The LH lines were shut down months ago for the changeover.

Bill Putney

This is odd considering what several Chrysler employees went thru when posting sensitive but seemingly harmless insider information on forums and ng's a few months ago (and involving these same plants too). If this guy really is an employee, my guess is he'll be tracked down and fired on the spot. The other guys were re-instated, but probably only because it was a new problem for Chyrysler to deal with and they gave them the benefit of the doubt about ambiguities in the policies about sensitive info. I doubt if the corporation will have much sympathy about it this time around since they've probably made their position about such things pretty clear lately.

Bill Putney

In your first post you said "Bramaleigh, (Ontario) that makes [present tense] the Intrepid, closed down earlier this evening". I thought LH production was finished out months ago. You sure you're DC employee, or is my info. wrong about LH production?

Bill Putney

Reply to
Dodgem

Reply to
Greyhound

This problem is no major secret and in no way is it revenge on my part. Facts are facts and Chrysler is not trying to down play this problem. Some of you guys, are hell bent on defending Chrysler regarding a problem that they are aware of.....I don't get it? They have a problem and are addressing it, way to go.. Do you think that with the Thousands of employees involved with the 3.5 litre engine, when production stops, they can pretend nothing is wrong? Give Chrysler a little more credit, and the employees that work there. Red flags go up, questions are asked.

Where did I throw any negative slant towards Chrysler as a corporation? I have in no way belittled the corporation, nor have I said anything that is not public knowledge in the Windsor area. It was reported in the "Windsor Star" for goodness sake, do a google search and open your mind to what's out there, not just to want you want to believe, or perceive the facts to be. Facts are facts.

I am proud to be associated with the corporation. This is not the first time something like this has happened, and I doubt it will be the last. Sometimes it goes under the name of "recall". Means a problem is suspected and must be addressed. Chrysler is adddressing the problem......just relax.

I stand by my intial post....there is a problem with the engines. Am I wrong?

Reply to
Derek

Aren't you a little paranoid? If I participate in a forum using a Chrysler computer, discussing stuff on their behalf, on their time, no doubt they'd get very upset.

This is a private computer, discussing a topic, on my time, that was in the local news paper and is common knowledge in Windsor. Give Chrysler more credit. They are not hiding behind smoke screens, they are addressing the situation and at least have the guts to stop production while it's sorted out. I have not thumbed my nose at the corporation. Apart from my rusty knowledge about other plants using the 3.5 litre engine, nothing I've stated is false or confidental.

Take a deep breath.

Reply to
Derek

Your original post would almost certainly be read as a negative by most any casual reader. Most things that start out "hot off the rumor mill", aren't intended to be positive.

Right or wrong, what's the point in posting that?

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting