Re: Chrysler Don't Spinout Cars on TV Like Cadillac's SRX Commercial

With today's digital imagery manipulation software, they can make those SUVs fly through the air in the commercials if they want. Some of what you're seeing isn't real...bet on that!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Wait a second! The traction control systems can be turned off with the switch of a button. And I would guess its not too hard to swing mine around with the parking brake, if I really wanted to. The disclaimers about professional drivers on closed courses are so that Joe Smith does not try his first parking brake turn on a regular 2-lane road. I learned mine autocrossing, long before I bought my SRX.

Oh, and the music is Led Zep, not AC/DC.

Reply to
traderdad

Ummm, I am not aware of any airplanes (at least in terms of an entire aircraft) that Cadillac ever built. It IS true, however, that they built MANY parts for aircraft engines both before, and during, the war. These were for another GM division, called Allison. The engine was the Allison V-1710, and variations of it, were used in the P-38 Lightning, and the P-51 Mustangs.... As a footnote, I believe it was design of the P-38 that inspired the fins on the 1948 model Cadillacs.....

More than airplane engine parts, Cadillac was really focused on building tanks! How appropriate!.... Yes, Cadillac made a lot of M-5 and later, M-24 light tanks, both of which were powered by dual Cadillac V-8s, with automatic trannies!.... In fact, I know a guy who has a New Old Stock V-8 block (surplus) that he used when he restored his 1941 60 Special.... I don't think everything was the same, but with modification, I guess he got it to work.

Kevin

A Celebration of American Cars, Music, and Retro Culture

Reply to
huffreport