my car is the best because...

ok so lets sort this out once and for all, i'm fed up with 'your passat/alfa/ford/toyota....sucks' thing. so i thought lets get it out of the way. well for 24hours maybe.

ok so i'll go first...

My E36 328 Coupe is the best car here because...

it's had a new block and pistons (hey i know it needed it but it's a plus now ok) it sounds the bollocks when revved. it does 0-60mph quick enough to gimmie a grin and worry a few hot hatches. it's pretty and comfy and quiet when i wanna cruise. it's got plenty of poke and handles good when i don't wanna just cruise. the standard speaker set up is pretty good for my tune wantage in the car. it's RWD and you can turn the traction control fully on and off. plus the traction control works really well when on and doesn't step in straight away. i like the colour and trim combo. it has dual climate control and leather seats. and last i love the way it looks.

apart from wanting to drop the ride height to make it look and handle a bit tighter and maybe add a strut brace too i love it the way it is.

so that's why it's the best.

ok who's next?

Reply to
Vamp

OK I guess...

personally I'm seriously bored with cars and don't care what I drive anymore, non of this dick extension crap for me....

I now ride a pushbike!

Reply to
big dom

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Vamp, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

My Scorpio Ultima 24v is the best car here because...

It sounds the bollocks when revved. It does 0-60mph quick enough to gimmie a grin and worry a few hot hatches. It's pretty comfy and quiet when I want to cruise and the cruise control rocks. It's huge inside It's got a boot big enough for 8 guitars in cases It's got plenty of poke and handles well when I don't want to just to cruise. The standard speaker set up is pretty good. It's RWD and you can turn the traction control fully on and off. plus the traction control works really well when on and doesn't step in straight away. I like the colour and trim combo. It has dual climate control and heated electric memory leather seats. The way it looks is growing on me. It's a Cosworth It cost less to buy than some of the cars in 'ere cost per month to rent / lease. Zero depreciation, cheap bits, 140 mph, 0-60 in 7.8, £250.

Reply to
Pete M

snip

I have cars that cost around 1 UKP per kilometer to drive, I have cars that bring about 0,5 UKP in the company each kilometer they drive.

Which is best I do not want to know but the last categorie drives a lot more than the first.

Best noice? The Elise without a roof at full chat through a tunnel, in the other cars I seem to listen a lot to classical music. That's not exactly the Lotus forte. I must be getting old...

The best beer?

An open one! (*)

Tom De Moor

(*)

Tom De Moor

It must be broken.

Mine is silent.

Reply to
Elder

My car is the best here because :-

It's red, all really fast cars are red.

It has a 3" stainless exhaust system that is VERY loud (annoys the neighbours)

Nice loud dump valve too.. (scare old people at bus stops etc.)

It has been rebadged with genuine JDM badges so it's a little bit different..

In short, best looking, loudest and fastest ;-)

Reply to
Me

Mine is mostly likely to kill you - that's why it's best.

Reply to
Iridium

Nah, mine's the best 'cos I know every nut and bolt, every vibration and every squeak (yeah its polybushed). When people ask what it is I get to say "I made it" :)

It would be much better if it was legally on the road etc, needs an MOT......

Reply to
Tony Bond

*blobs tongue out*

Mine came with genuine JDM badges!

:)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

My car is the best because It is stealth metallic grey It sounds stupidly quiet when revved. You can balance a beer bottle on the plenum and when revved the beer doesn't move/jiggle or froth. It's very comfy when you hit cruise. It's rear wheel drive. It has a "bonus pack" rear seat setup that women passengers prefer to use. It cost less than the monthly finance payment of some of the numpties I know. It screams Yakuza yet I still have all my finger intact. It confuses scallies when they see a "Lexus" with Toyota badges and a Lexus badge.

Reply to
Elder

My Capri is the best because:

It's Old Skool RWD and non of your poncy computer controlled bollox comes anywhere near. It's pure stripped down driving completely removed from all driver aids and modern elektrickery designed to remove feel from the driver. Doesn't even have power steering. It sounds the bollocks when revved. Non of your pissy fuel injected crap sounds anywhere near as good as twin barrel carbs sucking through a K&N. It's got a brand new engine. In fact, virtually all the mechanics are new. Because of its simplicity, there's not a single thing I cannot fix. Thanks to a lovely 3.75:1 diff ratio, it accelerates like holy stink. It handles well but because you know it's cart springs, it tests your bravery. It's RWD AND IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY TRACTION CONTROL. It leaves nice black tyre marks. Depreciation? What's that? Every time I stop to put petrol in it, people come up and ask about it.

Oh and it scares ducks and people visitng Wetwang chippy.

Reply to
Conor

Was it a genuine JDM?

I wish I could afford this Jap Spec Scoob:-

Why the Japs don't sell the proper cars over here I'll never know, I'd certainly take this Civic Type R over the watered down version we get...

Or even better....

Me

So did mine.

Reply to
Elder

My Mk2.5 MX-5 is best because:

I've done about 12,000 'Just for the hell of it' miles since I got it earlier this year. It's relatively light. It's not too quick (just like me). Roof down motoring is cool. It's simple for a modern car. It's reliable. It has no traction control. The way it drives makes me grin. A lot. Everytime I drive it.

I plan to sell it next year, release some of the money I have in it, and get something cheaper and 'sensible' but I honestly don't know how I am going to better it.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yea.

So would I... ..to burn it though.

Aha, fk your soft touch dashs and cup holders - *that* is the kind of "options" choice you should get;

"two distinct versions; standard and Spec C. Both feature the same 415bhp Cosworth engine"

Reply to
Lordy.UK

...it doubles in value? :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Mine absolutely is **not** the best.

However.

It's what I have and we get on fine.

I could be tempted into the old "right tool for all the jobs it needs to do" routine, but you don't want to hear about that. You also don't want to know about the 97 business miles I did on Monday which cost £7.21 in LPG and made me £38.80 in expenses. You would probably be bored to tears if I said I had used it to compete at an autotest and had a ball in it. Or about the time I drove it up the hillclimb and didn't crash. Equally dull wouild be the fine day in the summer when SWMBO, my sister, her significant other bloke and ,myself drove a couple of hundred miles through the highlands in fine sunshine with the roof down all day. It also has soft suspension and very modest 195/50 15" tyres as well, so nothing to report there either. They are decent Yokohamas though.

As I said, it's what I have and we get on fine.

Can I talk about the the other car (ye olde uglye Sylva) or the sports racing car design I have done on CAD :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Jolly good. Door's over there.....

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I want an RB320 - cos they look awesome.

Reply to
Iridium

Bah, only 316bhp? don't be a pussy! :)

Reply to