Will an 03 Cobra be able to tow:

  1. motorcycle on a small trailer.
  2. Couple of jet skis.
  3. pop up tent camper.

Thanks in advance.

John

Reply to
marylandaviator

John, is that really what you bought that car for? If you are towing these things that means that you will be parking your 03 Cobra with a bunch of other peoples tow rigs and leaving it there while you jet ski, or whatever... :-(

I personally would not tow with an 03 Cobra, but that might be part of the reason My daily driver is a full sized Ford Truck... I think if you search Fords web site you will find their tow information, I have found it there for the pickups, vans and SUVs. Good Luck

Reply to
351CJ

That thing will never make it up the boat ramp. Even without a trailer.

Reply to
pete

  1. Get a custom hitch welded to the frame.
  2. Use the smallest diameter receiver.
  3. Have it tucked under the bumper cover. No one has EVER noticed mine, and it is rated 200#/2000# (just fine for my Go-Kart)
Reply to
Gill

Maybe. As far as I could tell from online documentation, it's not rated for any towing. If I were you, I'd give SVT a call at 1-800-Ford-SVT and get the official answer.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Maybe I'm just weird, but I believe cars were made to be driven. I drive my '68 Galaxie every day. I am thinking one of these days I might put a hitch on it, my '67 Galaxie (first car) had a hitch. It comes in handy often enough, usually when you'd least expect it.

Anyhow, cars were made to be driven. I drive mine all year long, through the salt and snow too. I'm not afraid of driving in blizzards and such, I drove through that last one we had down here in NJ a couple years back and was pretty much the onyl car on the raod _not_ crashed into something (don't know why... I had no trouble in the snow, even parallel parking and such in the city and in areas unplowed with several feet of snow).

I want to get a nice little Fairlane or some such small-midsize Ford (manual steering, brakes, everything) and build a 289 that'll make power to at least

8 grand, preferably 10. Back it with a toploader and either 4.11:1 or 4.56:1 gears. Then I'll drive it whenever I feel like it. I don't care if it lopes at a 1500 RPM idle and I adjust the rockers every other week, or if I have to drive it in stop and go traffic. I love that sort of stuff. It's all part of the experience to me. Powershift, here we go!

Stuff happens, that's life. A while back I hit a deer and smashed up the front of my Gal. I still haven't fixed it as I've been short on cash. It happened on a nice warm sunny weekend on a road you'd never imagine deer being near. I'd rather not spend my time worrying about getting nicks in my paint and dings on my doors. Every little ding and imperfection adds character. Because my car is not perfect I'm not afraid of using it as it was meant to be. I don't worry about driving down dirt roads, or having things get kicked up at my car. I'll never do up a car so perfectly that I'd not want to drive it all the time. Yeah, maybe very rare cars deserve that to be preserved from things like, oh, hitting deer at 55 MPH, but a plain jane car like a new Mustang, or my small block '68 Galaxie 500 has little reason to be preserved like that. I say drive the car and enjoy it, use it for what cars are used for, in the end it's just a car.

Okay, so that last part about being just a car I only came to the realization after hitting a deer. I knew if I had been driving my old Prelude I'd have likely been dead and the car totaled. With the Galaxie I had it back on the road the next morning after my new radiator got in. At the end of the day, when all is said and done, it just a car. I'd rather kill 20 deer with my Gal and never have it be exactly like it was before than be so afaid of it getting hurt that I drove some boring econo-box every day.

Okay, I'm done rambling now.

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

Good Lord! It'll get tow-rig cooties! __ John C. '03 Cobra Convt.

Reply to
John C.

that' s just WRONG.

Rein

Great point Pete.

John, your owners manual should tell you what the towing capacity is on the car but, I think it's a BAD idea. Load four adults into it sometime and see how it squats. They are not built to haul. That's why Ford makes trucks and SUVS.

Kate

| > Thanks in advance. | >

| > John | |

Reply to
SVTKate

See my comments/thoughts below.

Dirt bike or Gold Wing with full dress? A DB should be no problem

I'd say this is about the limit.

This is probably over the limit.

Your owners manual should have some info on towing capacity. If not contact Ford directly. Take the number they give you with a grain of salt. I would be comfortable towing 75% of the towing capacity they list. Next take your trailer to a scale and WEIGH IT. Don't believe data sheets and such. Get a real weight and rest easy.

Back in the 80's I used my 66 Mustang to go out to the desert. I pulled a

6'x8' flatbed trailer with 1 dirtbike and a Honda Odyssey type dunebuggy.(About 400 pounds) There was plenty of power and even the 4 drum brakes had no problem stopping. The rear end did sag pretty good but I never had trouble. Erich
Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner

Oh yes they are! Cobra's are built to haul ASS!

Reply to
John

You bastard! You stole my line out from under me.

Now, I'll never get Kate to sleep with me. Sigh...

Bob '03 Cobra coupe

Reply to
Bob

FOFLMAO!!! Unh huh, yea... right.

Just ask 2.3 Sleeper. He'll 'splain to you why THAT was a dumb thing to say!

Kate

| > -- | > John | > ThunderSnake #59 | > If you Reply, be sure and remove the " (DELETE_THIS) " from the email | > address. | >

| > > John, your owners manual should tell you what the towing capacity is on | > the | > > car but, I think it's a BAD idea. | > > Load four adults into it sometime and see how it squats. They are not | > built | > > to haul. That's why Ford makes trucks and SUVS. | > >

| > > Kate | > >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Kate,

I apologize. I talked to 2.3 Sleeper and he explained why that was inappropriate. He said you were gay.

On a more positive note, I was able to convince HIM to sleep with me.

Bob '03 Cobra coupe

Reply to
Bob

Well then, he lied. He lied to you just to get in your pants.

I am not gay... but if he convinced you that I was so he could spoon with you, then he is sneekier than I thought he was LOL

Kate

| > Just ask 2.3 Sleeper. He'll 'splain to you why THAT was a dumb thing to | say! | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate