Re: Plymouth Voyager 89 autm. transmission

Rebuilding automatic transmissions, especially the newer electronically controlled transmissions is NOT a job for an amateur. Ask friends for a recommendation for an honest, reliable auto transmission repair shop in your area and let the Pro's do it.

Reply to
Loose Cannon

You're right, but the original poster's van hasn't got an electronically controlled transmission.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J Stern

However, he shouldn't miss an opportunity to take the thing apart. You can save a lot by doing the transmission removal and replacement yourself. After all you can get an entire rebuilt with torque converter for about $600 less shipping from

and that's a 1 year12000 mile warranty. (they even offer 5 year/50,000mile warranties if youhave it done in one of their shops) And once it's out,to a rebuilder it's nothing more than a scrap core. If he then takes itapart and puts it back together it's not going to hurt anything, and he will understand how his transmission operates a whole lot better.

A rebuilder that does a lot of these should already have one or more done up and on the shelf. If he gets up early in the morning he can probably have the old one out, hauled off to the rebuilder and a replacement back in the van by the end of the day.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

I replaced the A670 3 speed in my '88 last month. I bought it from Phoenix Remanufactured Transmissions for $525 (with torque convertor) plus the cost to drive to Phoenix and back from San Diego. I did the work myself and saved a bunch.

Reply to
David Allen