Plymouth Voyager - check autm 3 speed transmission

'89 , Plymouth Voyager, 2.5 turbo, autm 3 speed, 4 cyl, 187K Still in good shape. I changed soon the transmission/filter fluid, clean the transmission cooler (radiator) also. I would like to find out a procedure to check myself the transmission (not going to the dealer or mechanic). When the engine is hot (or normal temperature), seams to have less power, is this normal? I would like to know if my mini-van is able to towing a camping trailers (650 kg) and if this could affect the transmission. Thank you, Chris

Reply to
Christian

I think a Voyager Van with automatic transmission and a 2.5 liter engine with 187,000 miles would have enough to do just moving the Van along at hiway speeds. It certainly wouldn't want the added task of hauling an eleven hundred pound trailer. I would be looking for a more powerful vehicle to pull a trailer with. You can buy an older American station wagon (late '70s or early 80s) with a big V8 for only a few hundred dollars. This will give you all the power you need to take the family and haul a trailer over the steepest mountain passes without difficulty. Gas mileage is not great, but if you are only using it occasionally, who cares?

Reply to
Loose Cannon

You've obviously never been to

.