Replacement Brake Brake Pads/Shoes

What is a source of superior (i.e. longer lasting) brake pads for the PT drum brakes. I am dissatisfied with the OEM pads and don't want to pay $60 again and be unhappy.

John

Reply to
pretzelogic

Raybestos makes a superior brake pad. There are 3 ways (that I know about) to go on pads: organic, semi-metallic, ceramic. Each has their advantages and disadvantages. The OEM pads you're getting might be organics and organics just don't last as long as semi-metallics are ceramics. They're quieter and easier on the rotors though.

Reply to
David Allen

On the rear shoes you won't have as many choices in Raybestos (or any other brand). Just specify PG-Plus in the blue & white box and you will do well.

|> John | |

Reply to
Rex B