Serivce Contracts

Has anyone else received a letter from Chrysler regarding an extended service contract? I have a 02 300M which I believe is covered under the 7/70 warranty offered back in '02.

Why would they tell me that I can purchase an extended warranty after 3/36? I called but being this is the weekend, the office is closed so I went to the web site that is listed on the letter

which doesn't provide ANYinformation on Service Contracts whatsoever. Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

Your 3/36 covers most components whereas your 7/70 covers only the powertrain. An extended service contract will cover the rest of the defined componenets beyond the powertrain. For clarification, an extended service contract is nothing more than a short-term insurance policy that will pay out only if it has to be used.

We bought a 7/100 for our '92 T&C and it paid off by fixing the brakes and tranny. We bought a 7/70 for our '93 Le Baron LX and didn't use or need it (but it was transferrable to the next owner). We didn't buy one for our '96 T&C LXi and didn't have any problems with this van until 117,000 miles at which time the contract would no longer have been providing coverage.

We now have a Pacifica AWD for which the dealer offered an opportunity to purchase the contract and we declined. We have until the vehicle reaches 36,000 miles to change our minds. So far the Pacifica has performed flawlessly so it is highly unlikely that we will. BTW - the '96 T&C now has 174,000 miles on it with no major problems - just a few minor problems that one would expect from any vehicle with that kind of mileage.

Bottom line - IMO, take the money it would cost you and invest it.

Reply to
RPhillips47

Thanks for the information. I will give it some thought.

Ken

componenets

Reply to
NJ Vike