tires mileage 195 75/R14 versus 205 70/R14

Recommended to me for 1994 Voyager Minivan to go from 195/75 to 205/70.

I gather this is because of better handling because more rubber on the road.

But. Another 4 tires with another 10 cm each, or 40 cm or 15.75 more inches would reduce mileage. With 3 liter Mitsubishi, I reckon I can get somewhere around 25 mpg.

How much would I lose for the extra handling? 1-3 mpg?

Also, the 195 is maybe 2-3 mm taller. And thinner as before. So better snow handling?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Reply to
Tree Line