update on 94 voyager

Ok, so the problem was.... 94 voyage (3 litre) , driving home, speedo stuck, car slowed down, then would not start.

Does not do the engine codes, so we checked the computer and replaced it (we had one spare), still same problem, starter turns over does not spark.

So now we are thinking distributor, is there any good tests that we can try before i go and get one?

Ive also checked the fuses and they all seem fine.

thanks

Reply to
The Gaylord 2006

Clean/exersize all connectors. A guy with a '95 just had that problem and it's obviously dirty/wet/oxidized connections.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

Any easy way to check a distributor is to disconnect one of the wires from one of the plugs, then hold the wire do that the contact end is close to a grounding surface. Then have a friend turn over the engine. You should be able to see sparks jump from the wire to the ground. If there are no sparks, then you work backwards.

Clean>>

Reply to
NewMan

So a quick question, would the distrubutor being faulty, cause the van to slow down on the freeway, to a stop?

Also i dont know if i need to mention this but we had the starter replaced a few days before all this happened.

thanks

jay

Reply to
The Gaylord 2006

I haven't been following this thread but a distributor will not cause the van to slowly die out, if the distributor is bad it shuts the van off like a light switch. You have more then likely lost fuel pressure somehow. Possibly fuel filter, pump, ASD relay or wiring issue. When the fuel pump shuts off you will have so much pressure in the lines to the injectors, as the injectors pulsate the pressure in the line diminishes thus slowly losses power (possibly backfiring) until the engine just dies. If you reach under the tank and hit it hard with the palm of your hand while the key is on you may hear it trying to work. Just a thought!!!

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

You may have a broken timing belt. Unbolt the top of the cover and pry it back enough to check it.

Reply to
pahick