V-6 exhaust cross-over replacement

I received my June issue of Popular Mechanics yesterday.

In the auto repair section, they replaced the exhaust cross-over tube on a 1998 Plymouth Voyager with a 3.3L engine, saying that this was common on this year / model.

In all my years of reading this NG, I don't recall anyone every having to replace one of these.

What caught my attention, is that the part runs around $500.

Is it only the 1996 - 2000 that could have this problem, or can earlier vans have this fail too?

Thanks,

Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmath50