warranty

A relative bought a 2001 Dodge Ram, a couple of days ago. 40K miles and no warranty. I thought that was weird. Doesn't the powertrain have a 70K mile warranty? thanks

Reply to
jd

cloaked

The 7/70 Warranty only applies to certain 2002 vehicles and all 2003+ vehicles.

It's possible that the vehicle may have had a 7/100 Warranty as part of a "Home for the Holidays" promotion, but that warranty only went to the first owner.

I hope your relative enjoys their new Dodge.

Have a great week.

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Scott B. Hogle

I thought it applied to many or all 2001 vehicles too...

Reply to
MoPar Man

The 7/70 applied to vehicles sold after July 8th 2002 - with a few exceptions.

The only way a 2001 would have a 7/70 is if it had been in dealer inventory for over a year before it was sold.

Best way to tell is to have the dealer run a VIP Function 14 on DIAL or DealerConnect.

Have a great week.

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Scott B. Hogle

Ah - the warranty on my 2001 Ram is 5 year / 100k km's (62k miles).

It's called Five Star Protection and begins when the 3/60 basic warranty expires. Only covers powertrain components and includes roadside assistance for the full 5/100. Does not cover manual tranny/transaxle clutch parts.

Reply to
MoPar Man