Why Distributor # on Flathead Six Engines

I was going to order a set of points, condenser, rotor and cap/wires for my 241.5 c.i. 1940 Royal Six. However, Bernbaum wants the distributor #. Were these so specific to the cars? Also, has anyone had any experience with the waterproof ignition wires with the caps over the plugs so that water would not get down into the plug openings? Thanks

Reply to
Count Floyd

Count

I would do my homework before proceeding. I am sure there is a web site that addresses this and I also think that Bernhaum would not want any numbers if none were needed. Your dealing with your 1940 Royal 6 on a continuing basis would certainly be cause enough to be up on things like this.

If my old memory serves me correctly there might be some distributors that are/were taller then others.

Also a google search might be in order.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Ace

Chrysler sourced them from several vendors-Delco-Remy and Auto-Lite (later Prestolite) are two I can think of offhand.

Not too sure why you're buying points, condenser, cap, rotor type stuff from Bernbaum. He's a reliable source, to be sure, but those parts can still be had at your local NAPA jobber in the Echlin line.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

True. There ARE a goodly number of Chrysler industrial flatheads still in daily service, and the fleet guys sure don't run to Bernbaum for ignition parts! (My place of work has a couple of Chrysler-powered Federal yard cranes out in the assembly areas).

Reply to
Steve

According to the Hollander Interchange a 1940 Chrysler C25 Royal would have one of the following distributor numbers: IGS 4101B-1 IGS 4107-1 IGS 4107A-1

Reply to
John Kunkel