air con...

is it supposed to smell ?

with climate control on it's fine, the air blows cold (even on a hot day) until the ambient temperature is reached, but if I turn the air-con on it blows really cold (as it should) but smells weird... so much so the mrs won't have it on.

this is in a citroen C8

just want some input before I go to the local dealer and make myself look like a div'

Reply to
in2minds

Message i.d.:, by author in2minds aka inspired me,

No

Not sure but usually there is an air filter installed. I guess it has become dirty.

Reply to
2Rowdy

A tip is to switch off the airco the last 10 miles. This will dry out the condensate drippan. This will prevent growth of fungi that might cause the smell. Putting the setpoint at a reasonable value might also help as it prevents excessive condensate formation once the temperature is reached.

Your service station should have desinfectant spray for this, part of summer airco treatment package.

Theo

Reply to
Theo van Riet

apparently dilute TCP kills the bugs - spray it into the intakes with plant sprayer ...

and heater on full for 15m should dry it all out ...

bonne chance

Dr D

Reply to
drd