Centre Console Removal

Hi to all

Does anyone know how to remove the centre console of a C5 short of explosives??

I need to get to the back of the radio to fit a car phone mute wire connection.

Does the outer section come out with the inner panel attached or does the inner panel come out revealing fixings for the outer section?

I have removed air vents and ashtray but still cant get the main body out

I don't want to pull too hard as I will break the plastic if not careful

Thanks in anticipation of some help

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Hall

I don't believe you need to remove the centre console, only the radio.

You need to gentle prise up the covers either side of the radio where the switches are, prise from the bottom - the covers are hinged at the top. Underneath each cover you will see a torx screw, remove these and you can pull the radio out.

Unfortunately I cannot remember which pin is the mute, I think I found it by shorting each pin in turn to earth through a 12v bulb to provide a load.

Reply to
Ian Jackson