2004 TJ Radio Removal?

Trying to take my stock radio out of my 2004 TJ. I have the front Panel cover off and the radio exposed but there seems to be a metal bracket attached to the rear of the radio somehow that I can not see. I can barely get my hand behind the radio after I pulled out the heater controls and I can feel this bracket attached to the radio but can not figure out how it disconnects so I can slide the radio out. The radio now slides out a bout 1-2" and that is it.

I did a search on removal but all I come up with is 98's or older and those state to take off the center console, which must be different in the 2004's cause on mine it does not look like the center console part,( the part that holds all the vents and controls,) needs to come out. Any body help?

Reply to
Intergate

Remove the dash cover on the entire side of the glove box along with the glove box, then you should be able to get at the nut holdind the radio in the bracket. HarryS

Reply to
HarryS

Tim, Sorry I can't help you with the stero removal but I'm curious if your putting in new stero equipment (seems logical). I am curious if you have any intentions for the old / new radio? Does it have a CD player? I interested if you what to make a quick sale and it has a CD player. Thanks, Steve in Michigan

Reply to
popeyeball