Citroen C5 Exclusive SE (2002) - Immobiliser?

"It does have a steering lock, if you press the button. Don't think it's got an immobiliser. Perhaps it's considered unnecessary with the steering lock."

I'm not familiar with immobilisers (I usually drive cheap cars which I assume don't have them) so I do not know if this 'steering lock button' constitutes an immobiliser.

I would have thought a C5 Exclusive would come with an immobiliser by default, considering all the other gadgets that are in the package.

Can anyone with knowledge of either immobilisers or 2002 C5 Exclusive SE Citroens advise?

Reply to
Toby Newman

Toby Newman ( snipped-for-privacy@asktoby.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It certainly does.

As with virtually every modern car, there's a chip in the key and a sensor in the ignition lock.

Reply to
Adrian

In message , Toby Newman writes

Lists the spec of C5s - they all seem to be fitted with an immobiliser.

Regards

Reply to
Neil

Thanks - that's a useful link.