citroen main dealer price gouging

Hehehe, the seller of mine didn't, although he shat himself when some legalise found its way through his mailbox (at least judging by the phone call I got). I do note that he no longer sells hydraulic citroens though ;)

Reply to
hissing

*Ahem* I think you'll find that the persons on the list (and especially the UK ones) have a very good idea of how the UK secondhand car market works in relation to oleopneumatic Citroens. It is after all the way that we cheapskates can dick about in seriously high spec motors for very little cash.

My brother for example makes a healthy profit from buying (P to T reg) Xants at effectively scrap prices from the local auction, changing whatever hydraulic bits are knackered that scare off Joe Public and flogging them as high spec very cheap motor cars (he generally expects to get between 8 and fifteen hundred for a *really* good one and the top end of that is reserved for high spec diesel estates).

Xantias and XMs are cheap as chips, its a fact of Citroen ownership. The fact that they are far better than Frauds and Vauxhells escapes the public and all they see are expensive repair bills for complicated suspension.

Long may the myth continue...

...long may my driving of great cheap cars continue.

CAS

Reply to
CAS

Strangely it seems that it's only a UK myth. European mainland members of the XM-L mailing list are extremely jealous of the prices we can buy XMs for here in the UK.

Reply to
usenet

True - I wonder how much it would cost to convert 'em back to LHD...?

;-)

CAS

Reply to
CAS

My local man who does Citroens has an ex main dealer mechanic who doesn't like XMs. I had one and had no major problems apart from a snapped parking brake which I found a quick and easy fix for. It was one of the best drives I ever had. What I'd like is the diesel estate version with climate control etc if such a thing exists.

Reply to
Malc

You'd be quicker looking for rockinghorse sh*t!!!

The 2.5l diesel estate is an absolute corker of a car - you can get wardrobes in the back... whole! And it goes like stink.

They aren't actually that rare, its just that they are so good that nobody wants to sell them!

CAS

Reply to
CAS

There is 3 or 4 on Autotrader at the moment :)

Reply to
hissing

I'll shut my face...

...get my coat...