More ZX radio questions

Did Citroen ever put a CD player in the ZX as standard?

I'm contemplating an upgrade and would ideally like the genuine Citroen thing.

Reply to
Lynyrd Skinhead

I wouldn't bother, as it will be overpriced and when you want to put it in a new car you will probably find the connectors are different. I was most pleased when I bought my Activa as I finally got around to putting an MP3 CD player in the car (my previous Xantia never got a CD player as I just never got around to it) and it cost me about 150 quid all in including connectors and adaptors.

Reply to
lizard

Is it possible to get an aftermarket head unit that will work with the steering wheel controls on the Xantia?

Rally want a CD player...

Reply to
Matthew Corr

Matthew Corr ( snipped-for-privacy@burgessmealonefurniture.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

There's a couple of different options.

You can either add a CD player to the existing head unit - I'm not sure about Xants, but for s2 XMs with a Philips head unit, it's a fairly standard changer, often on fleaBay.

The other option is to replace the head unit and use and adapter to retain the steering wheel controls - do a google or check some of the better car audio websites/dealers for the options. IIRC, you'll be looking at Sony or Kenwood head units, plus about £60 for the adapter.

Reply to
Adrian

Yup, I have a pioneer head unit (some mp3 and cd player, model number escapes me, cost about 130 quid) with a smart lead adaptor (i think i paid about 20 quid looks like they are 40 quid now!) that allows me to use most of the steering wheel controls, it isn't perfect but the volume works as do the skip track buttons unfortunately the mute doesn't work :( try looking around on

for all the necessarybits, if you shop around you could probably get them quite a bit cheaper.Oh and you can get a fascia adaptor also, i think i paid about a tennerfor mine (it was a complete ripoff and didn't fit properly so I had tomodify it)

Reply to
lizard

Thanks for that chaps, time to do some searching... :)

Reply to
Matthew Corr