zx immobilisor keypad

hi all, i have a 96 zx with the keypad by the the gearchange for the immobilsor, i have the original code and it works fine. what i want to know is, can the code be changed ? or is it just set to one set of numbers, ideally i would like to change it to something more memorable to me. also, what is the d/n button for ? thanks for looking.

Reply to
ajsmith

yeh i know i spelt immobiliser wrong ;-)

Reply to
ajsmith

In message , ajsmith writes

You can change it, we had one in the past but I no longer have the manual.

Try:

Might help.

Regards,

Reply to
Neil Pugh

thnx for reply but link won't work ;-(

Reply to
ajsmith

ajsmith ( snipped-for-privacy@bt.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It does - you just have to make sure it's ALL in the browser - the last few characters have wrapped onto another line.

To summarise, though...

Old code. C New code. C. New code. C.

Next time you start the car, if you use the new code it'll "stick". If you use the old code, it'll revert to that.

DO NOT FORGET THE CODE. New ECU time if you do.

Reply to
Adrian

May have been broken by the line-wrap. Try (a shortened version of the same URL)

Reply to
Whiskers

My ZX was registered in April '97; the security keypad has no 'd/n' button; the buttons are:

top row 1 2 3 C middle 4 5 6 S bottom 7 8 9 0

with a red LED to the right of the C and a green one to the right of the O.

The instruction booklet I have for mine is dated 'March 1996'; scruffy but legible.

I could email a scanned copy of it if you like - 12 pages A5, scanned as

6 A4 sheets.
Reply to
Whiskers

Adrian, thanks for pointing out my stupidity, and thanks again for posting a reply.

Reply to
ajsmith

but now it doesn't ask for a code at all, just goes to green and lets me start the car without entering any code ?

Reply to
ajsmith

ajsmith ( snipped-for-privacy@bt.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You changed the number to 0000...?

Reply to
Adrian

Whiskers ( snipped-for-privacy@operamail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

As with XM, it changed around that time.

D/N gives you a delay before it reactivates. S gives you a "service code". (Put your code in, press S, put service code in - service code works until you put the main code back in again)

C is "Change", just the same on both/

Reply to
Adrian

right ok, thanks all, very much appreciated, if i had read the links properly i would of seen that i had to lock the door after inputting the new code, once i had done this the new code was working as it should. pity the central locking has now decided to stopping unlocking the doors, arghhh problem for another day me-thinks.

thanks again.

Reply to
ajsmith

Never a dull moment with a Citroen

Reply to
Whiskers

So many ways to do the same thing.

Reply to
Whiskers

just a little follow up, code working fine this morning and also the central locking is behaveing itself without me touching it he-he.

Reply to
ajsmith

Your ZX must have had a good night :))

Reply to