Navigation

I have a citroen xsarra picasso from 2003 and it has a navigation built in (monochrome navtech, standard from citroen) The screen is in the little display (where the spedometer is) and the hardware is in my trunk (with cd's)

I would like to buy a new one and would like to transfer the navigation from my old to the new car.

I checked with Citroen and they tell different story, one says that it can be done, the other says that it can't.

1 reason would be that the displays are different now from the 2003 models , the other story is that each navigation is connected to the verhicle in the factory ?????????

I have doubts about all this.

Is it possible to transfer the navigation, did anyone did it?

What do I have to take out from my car , The cd-driver Do I have to take out the cabling or are they preinstalled? Anything at the dashboard? I enter all with remote control, so I guess I don't need anything from the dashboard

Please advice thanks

Reply to
Moon

Moon ( snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.be) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Forget it. Either order the new one with SatNav, or just buy a TomTom or similar.

As well as shifting the hardware, you'll need to be fannying about with telling the electronics about it - and that's before the strong likelihood of fundamental incompatibilities.

Reply to
Adrian

Better still, buy a good map!

Reply to
:Jerry:

It's not what I wanted to hear :) but thanks for the advice.

Reply to
Moon

Moon ( snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.be) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You'd rather we said "Nah, it's easy" - then all stood about, drank your beer, watched and laughed, whilst you were elbow deep in the innards of two Picassos?

It can be arranged, easily. Just let us know when and where, we'll come.

Reply to
Adrian

Would have been a very nice answer!! :)

Thanks