People in Citroens NEVER survive accidents !!!

When I hit a Citroen with my Chevy truck, the Citroen will be totally crushes and everyone inside will be just food for the maggots and the worms, that's for sure !

Reply to
Winnie Oakbob

That sounds good. I never saw Chevrolets as part of the ecological chain before, but they obviously have role.

Reply to
Dan

Dan ( snipped-for-privacy@dod.no) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

But of course. They're just rebadged Daewoos, so they show people up as being idiots who can't see beyond a badge.

Think of them as BMWs for pikeys. Or trolls.

Reply to
Adrian

Do you seriously think a Chevy truck handles well enough to hit a Citroen?

Reply to
Whiskers

And since when were Chevy truck drivers clever enough to recognise a Citroen, let alone steer towards it?

Reply to
androo

and your mother has more traffic inside her legs then the highway u're running with your truck looking for Citroen to hit.

Mario

Citroen Xsara

Reply to
Mario

"crushes"? I think you mean "crushed".

Regards to the billy-goats.

If your self-regard depends on what car you drive, heaven help you.

(Oil prices on the rise again...).

-- History: the study of who crapped on who, when, why they did it, and the rationale they gave.

Reply to
tersono

They would probably work on the 'that isn't a Chevy truck!' system.

Reply to
Whiskers

I think you've trolled just about every newsgroup this week!!!

Reply to
Seany

Winnie Oakbob is an anagram of

A web nob, I oink ...

how appropriate !

drd

Winnie Oakbob (pie snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

And, just for you... a Press Release just in from Chevrolet. This is, I should hasten to add, real.

Phwoar. I really want a Chevrolet now.

For immediate release Thursday 9 June 2005 ALOHA! CELEBRITY LOVE ISLAND STAR ARRIVES IN SHOWROOMS

- Celebrate the new Matiz launch with a £500 upgrade The wait is finally over! Come in and say 'aloha' to your local Chevrolet retailer on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 June and help celebrate the arrival of the real star of ITV's Celebrity Love Island - the all new Chevrolet Matiz at its debut in Britain's showrooms. Every customer placing an order for a Matiz 0.8S on Saturday 18 or Sunday 19 June will receive a free upgrade to the 1.0SE - that's a saving of £500! In addition customers who visit a Chevrolet retailer over the launch weekend could be in the running to win a fabulous new Matiz in a special competition. The new Chevrolet Matiz could well become the cheapest car to run in the UK. Priced from just £6,095 on the road, the cheeky Matiz comes complete with three years' free servicing, the lowest annual vehicle excise duty, up to 67mpg on out-of-town journeys and insurance starts at group 1. That takes some beating! A simple range but all great value There are three models available in the new Chevrolet Matiz line-up - S, SE and SX. The smaller 0.8 litre engine comes in the entry level S model; this is priced at £6,095. The 1.0 litre engine, ideal for those who make slightly longer journeys or spend a little time on the motorway, is more powerful yet still frugal. This engine comes in SE and SX models where 'big car' features such as air-conditioning, electric rear windows and alloy wheels are included. The 1.0SE is priced at £6,595 (air-conditioning costs £400 more on this model) and the fully equipped 1.0SX is £7,695. Insurance ratings are 1 for the 0.8S, 2 for the 1.0SE and 3 for the 1.0SX. We've got lots to see and do and even some giveaways for the kids, so for your nearest retailer please go to

or call 0800

666222 for further information. Notes to Editors Chevrolet is the global value brand of General Motors, the world's largest car manufacturer. The brand sells in 90 countries across the globe with a new Chevrolet sold every 16 seconds. A record 175 million have been sold since the brand was founded in 1911. Chevrolet has been relatively unknown in Europe but now its comprehensive model line up of value for money cars is available in all markets. All Chevrolet products benefit from Chevrolet's peace of mind package, with three years' free servicing, three years' comprehensive warranty and three years' AA Total recovery service. For further information please contact:
Reply to
Adrian

in article Xns966FCFBF1269Cadrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.244.170, Adrian at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote on 08/06/2005 20:25:

Hey, that's the Daewoo sourced crap they'll be spewing out of SAAB's former factory at Trollhättan, now SAAB production has been consolidated at Opel's plant at Russelheim.

The dating is very odd ... There's the annual SAAB Festival in Trollhättan over those dates (June 17th to 19th) and it is hotly rumoured that SAAB/Opel will be using the festival to formally close SAAB production in Trollhättan. Fuck, just think of the look on all those SAAB faces if they unveil that piece of junk at the festival :) I wonder where they're building them at present for release that weekend? Still in Korea, no doubt.

... Who would've thought I'd hear about it first in a Citroën newsgroup? :)

Well, being a SAAB guy (and a serious Citroën fancier), we like to keep our Trolls fed! As for Chevy truck drivers ... erm, they're too dumb to wear seatbelts, so guess who'll come off better in an incident with ... well ... anything?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Paul Halliday ( snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

"Daewoo sourced crap"? No, that IS Daewoo crap.

Oh. Did not know that. What A Shame. Another marque reduced to a badge. RIP.

Reply to
Adrian

in article Xns966FE1BC29D23adrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.244.170, Adrian at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote on 08/06/2005 22:11:

Some of us would say that happened back in 1993, but I wouldn't dare own up to holding such proclivities :)

Well, it's not really that bad. The biggest shame is that a lot of innovation from SAAB (and Opel) is being squashed by GM who have re-structured their European assets to bolster loss-making plants and failing markets in the US. That's my biggest gripe! My other gripe is that the very definite "Swedishness" is now lost; that rooting in a national identity was very much what made SAAB so special. SAABs are as Swedish as Citroëns are French - that's their character. Well, not any more for SAAB :(

What it does mean is that SAABs continue to be manufactured, which (although I don't like the new ones) does mean that there will continue to be work for the competent mechanics that keep our older cars running. The other thing it means is that SAAB also gets some interesting technologies sliding in from sibling manufacturers.

... Anyway, back to Citroëns ...

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Does this mean that GM are now competing against themselves (Vauxhall/Opel versus Chevrolet/Daewoo)? Or is this the end of the Opel and Vauxhall brands? Reminds me of the Austin - Morris - MG - Wolsely - Riley badge engineering of the '50s and '60s, and we know where that lead.

The Matiz has been around since '98, hasn't it? Hardly 'new'.

(OK so I'm not up to speed with the latest car stuff).

Reply to
Whiskers

in article snipped-for-privacy@ID-107770.user.individual.net, Whiskers at snipped-for-privacy@operamail.com wrote on 10/06/2005 21:38:

"Apparent competition", they call it.

To GM or Ford, it doesn't matter who buys what car, so long as it's a GM, or Ford ... They're all over-priced, under-specced and corner-cut nowadays; even beloved marques. Heck, just look at what gets put out as "Jaguar" nowadays!!! Company badging is a complete farce now. That's not to say that there isn't still good engineering ... Just crap manufacturing with economics playing an over-simplified role in the process and that's the sad part of it.

Nope, you're right ... not new at all ... but stick an unknown badge on it and drop it into a familiar market and people think it's a new car.

I really wouldn't bother trying ... If you know about old stuff, that'll keep you happy for many more years to come :)

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

snip

Perhaps we'll get back to the Morris Minor 1000, Fiat Topolino, Citroen

2CV-6, Jowett Javelin, MG T-series, Triumph razor-edge, Humber Pullman, Jaguar E-type, Messerschmidt (sp?) trike, Rolls Royce Silver Ghost, ... now they were proper vehicles

Someone is currently trying to get those little putt-putt three-wheeled open-sided 'taxis' from India into central London. We already have pedal-powered rickshaws. Cars Of Character may yet return.

Reply to
Whiskers