The Engine Lives..part 2

The car was ok each time it went to the garage. We handed over the car to the "big chief" at the garage and he went to work with it one day. Problem started.. The car gave to much gas (sorry for my english here, but coming from norway I`m not sure what the parts are called in english), just like you pushed the pedal it went to 3000 rpm when you had your foot off the gas and it was also hard to start now and then.

The problem was a "regulator" that controlled how much rpm the engine should have....lol, this is really poor english, but anyway, they had tried cleaning this earlier with no success, but today they found out what the problem was.

The car is a 99 Xantia Exclusive station wagon, metallic, bumpers and all, original colour. 1,8 litre engine. I`m just posting the result here so that anyone with a similar problem can have this checked.

I got this car this fall and it`s a fantastic car. 116.000 km, not much at all, and it`s in mint condition with leather seats that looks new. The previous owner is my neighbour, and he`s the "big chief" at the garage as well, so I know the car is well looked after.

Frank

Reply to
Frank The Poet