Xantia Aircon

Hi all

Has anyone used one of those Halfords top up kits? If so where do you attach them and are they any good. I'd just like to get the damn thing working for the summer.

Reply to
Malc

never used them, never seen them how much are they. i'd also be interested in peoples views and experience on them.

I have a leaking condensor and i can't be arsed to sort it so i just top it up a bit more often, been like it 12 months i'll probaboy only hav ethe car another 12 months so it will work out cheaper.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Beech

Assuming that you have the later refrigerant of course, they attach to a valve on the car. The instructions on the can explain. Have not tried myself yet, but was going to try one out. Worth checking the pressure anyway. Just hope that they do contain enough oil, otherwise the compressor will not last long.

Reply to
Brian

Yes it says R134 on the compressor. The Halfrauds kits say they contain refrigerant and lubricant and leak sealant. Do you have a rough idea where the valve might be? I've seen a couple of possibilities on the pipes near the compressor but they're covered with plastic caps which I don't want to force off if there's a chance I might degas the system totally.

Reply to
Malc

The Halfrauds kits say they contain

the plastic caps are usually just dirt covers to keep the fill ports clean

they should unscrew to reveal a sparkly clean auto-sealing valve affair ... screw in your top up kit and ... let us know how you get on - I'm intrigued!

Steve

Reply to
drd