ZX engines?

Hi All, I'm very pleased with the ZX I recently acquired (1.6 / 1992) - I want another :), (rather, change the "working" good natured C-15 with a ZX). Thing is, I'd like more engine power (though not the sport version), so I'm thinking of the 1.8. Some questions : Does the 1.8 give noticeably more power than the 1.6? is it worth the change? If so, how is it reliable-wise? Does it have more units/electrical controls that are replacement prone? Is it more sensitive/touchy etc. ? Is there a significance regarding the year of manufacture/different engine models? I'm thinking of the older models (1993-94). Any general advice? Thanks in advance for any guidance, Ido

Reply to
Ido

second try: any reason not to go for a ZX 1.8 (as opposed to the 1.6)? thanks, Ido

Reply to
Ido

Ido ( snipped-for-privacy@netvision.net.il) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

IIRC the 1.8 was only in the three-door Furio, which didn't exactly set the sales charts on fire, so is going to be tricky to find.

(Notices .IL) - Well, that was the case in the UK, anyway.

Reply to
Adrian

Here in Israel there are a fair share of various Citroens, once in a while a passing DS... The 1.8 ZX is here both in the 3-door and in the standard 4-door platforms. The 3-door 1.8 is actually rarer than the 4-door 1.8. Damn but I want a 1.8! :) I'll try and get a feel for them and get local feedback. BTW, could you by any chance provide an English link for this group? I seem to get only a German(?) version. Thanks Adrian, Ido

Reply to
Ido

Ido ( snipped-for-privacy@netvision.net.il) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I think it's the same 1.8 as the Xantia.

There is only one alt.autos.citroen

Reply to
Adrian

I was reading, made by the entity known as Adrian, that requests spam to be send to and I became inspired,

I didn't make my website for nothing.

2Rowdy