ZX Head Gasket Oil Leak

probably due to infrequent coolant change, right ?

it's leaking front offside corner of the head, just above the alternator.

anyone know the book time for a head gasket change ZX 1.4 base model ?

thanks, as always, in advance.

Reply to
.

Yes they allways go there, it will be due to the oil gallery seal in the head gasket.

Time to change is a difficult one to guess, if you have done a few of these then it's about 4 hours. If doing for the first time then poss 6 hours.

Dont forget to change the cam belt too, you have to remove it so just as well change it.

Regards Slim.

Reply to
Slim

righto.

hmmm, the mrs was quoted £400, obvious attempt to rip her off.

I was going to get it done, as you say I might as well and the car is at 60k so about due for a belt change.

thanks Slim.

Reply to
.

=A3400 Probabaly aint too bad.

The garage will be using a head set, a bolt set, a cam belt, oil, oil filter and anti freeze. They will poss get the head checked or skimmed, so all this dont realy leave a lot for labour.

There is a lot more to changing a gasket than lifting the head and putting it back on.

Regards Slim.

Reply to
Slim

aye, I know. I've done head gaskets, several of em in teh street, mid winter :(

I just wanted to know the book time for the ZX. I'll be supplying all parts so labour is the only bill I'll get. £35/hr x an average of 5hrs = £175 + parts which won't come to £225

thanks again, Slim.

Reply to
.