1942 Chevy Coupe

We would like to start a project but we don't know how to start. We would like info on the rear end and front suspension for car stated above. Any other info on fixing a 1942 Chevy coupe street rod would be appreicated. Please post with any info.

Thanks in advance, Victor & Frances Samaniego

Reply to
Frances Samaniego

Get a shop manual for the car. Also get a parts book that covers that year.

I'd stick with simply rebuilding the stock front end. You might want to put an open drive line in the rear. Use a 62 to 70 six lug truck axle with about a 343 rear axle. Convert to 12 volts.

I'm pretty sure the Chevs of that year had a 6 lug pattern.

check out

I'd also split the brake lines. Checkout

There's a lot of info on the net.

Reply to
Carl Goss

Hi: I´m from Mexico city, and i Have a chevy 42 Sedan 2 dr w/ 350 sbc, 200r4 tranny, ps, pb, air cond, Pacer IFS with rack & pinion and 3.31 Ford rear axle and many more things to long to describe. If you like some pictures let me know, also if you speak or read spanish, I can send a complete history ( around 100 pages and 40 pictures of this transformation, but inform me first to avoid loose time for my and you, but i can send the pictures by email. Regards Antonio Echeverria

Reply to
tonicho042