64 GMC w/4 speed

Here's a strange question. Will anything bolt up to the HD 4 speed tranny that was in a 64 GMC V-6? I have access to a 70's/80's BPO 301 V8 with low miles that is very reasonable. The 301 has an automatic on it but would much prefer the 4 speed in this 3/4 T truck. I know I'll have to fight the distributor curve and carburetion problems with the 4 speed. Any thoughts? answer here or email me. every body else does. That's the price to pay when you have an email address for nearly 10 years. Thanks for the info.

-- J. Dan Jones, III Virginia Peninsula Car Club Council Vintage Chevrolet Club of America #41139 Corvair Society of America Tidewater Corvair Club Steel City Classics

Reply to
J. Dan Jones