Best online site for selling classic cars? (1957 belair in particular)

My dad has a 1957 belair. He loves it to death, but every show, competition, or drive down the block puts him into cardiac arrest because, of course, the car is worth so much.

He wants to sell it any buy something he can actually drive and enjoy without a heartattack, like a 2008 mustang or 2008 camero....

In anycase, we are looking at selling it online. I am an eBay lover. I buy and sell on it all the time, but I dont think it is the right place to sell this beauty (1990 National first place winner by Antique Automobile Club of America... an award my dad cant help but remind me of each time I visit.)

Autotrader.com and cars.com certainly dont fit the bill either in my opinion. And a google search of "classic cars sell buy" gives me more results than I can choose from.

So I am asking this group if they have good experience on any particular websites for selling classic cars... which get the most hits, allow the most pics, and heed the quickest and/or highest priced sales.

Mom says it shouldnt go for less than 100,000 and dad (more reasonably) would settle for 85,000.

Eitherway, I seek opinions.

Thanks in advance! jazz Mann

Reply to
Jazz

On 14 Apr 2007 18:44:27 -0700, "Jazz" puked:

It must have that solid gold engine block option...

lab~rat >:-)

with the special one off platinum wheels.

-W

-Woogeroo®

------------------------------------------------ snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Woogeroo

I was waiting on the people who know nothing to comment. $110,000 is pretty low for this quality of car...Barret Jackson saw one similar go for well over $160,000. Clearly you haven't seen a high quality car like this... if it had the "Ain't Skeerd" sticker on the back window, I am sure you'd change your tune.

Wasn't looking for smart @$$ comments, just answers. Clearly I came to the wrong newgroup for answers. Now, go back to your hot wheels collection and your little S-10 modifications. I'll go somewhere else for "real" antique car advice. Thanks for your contribution to the ruining of what used to be useful newsgroups.

Reply to
Jazz

On 23 Apr 2007 10:28:42 -0700, Jazz puked:

Well there ya go. Check out Barrett Jackson's web site, find the next auction, and sell it there. If it's as great as you say you'll get

160,000 instead of 85.

You shouldn't assume who knows nothing and who doesn't. Have you had the car appraised by someone besides your mom and dad? Or do they know nothing as well.

Hey, good luck, Bozo. I hope you get a million for it. You probably will, but what do I know...

lab~rat >:-)

Have you tried this web site:

kc