Airline Websites

A modest but solid starting point

Ian

Link to spamvertised site removed.

Clearly you don't mind the domain owner of the address that you are forging getting spammed. Like most spammers you are clueless and Lazy, if you took the trouble to make your dismal site search engine friendly, you would have no need to risk your virgin.net account by spamming inappropriate newsgroups in order to promote it.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

Unless you now own the world wide web - did I miss that in this mornings paper? You are entitled to your opinion but nothing more, what I choose to put on the WWW and when and where is mine and only my choice to make.

Thank you

Reply to
Ian

What has this got to do with classic cars?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ian ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Umm. not *quite*.

Every newsgroup has a charter, and the charter for this group forbids advertising. Your ISP has an AUP, which you have also violated.

Reply to
Adrian

I prefer

since they don't spam.

Reply to
Howard Rose

While we are on the subject of airlines, a few weeks ago we were flying to San Francisco and glancing down at the plane on our way to the gate at Heathrow we noticed that a very beautiful 250 GTO Ferrari was being loaded into its hold. Not sure how much it cost to fly it a third of the way round the world, but compared with the Jumbo it looked very small!

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Is there some other kind of 250 GTO? You lucky beggar, I've never even seen one.

Reply to
Dean Dark

To somebody who can afford to but a 250 GTO, the cost of shipping it halfway round the world is probably small change.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I would guess compared with the cost of the car, the transportation fee to fly it around the world would be a mere pocket change!

When my Uncle's family moved from Hong Kong, they wanted to ship their Audi back to the UK. They found out that it was only slightly more expensive to have it delivered by air than to ship it by sea. I can't remember the actual costs now though.

Reply to
Howard Rose

Interesting, and in this case when you think of the combination of Italian aluminium and sea water I would reckon any extra cost would be well worth it ;-)

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

Dean Dark ( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.notthis.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I have. They've massively over-rated, visually. The GTO is really quite - ummm - purposeful looking (and, yes, you can read that as a euphemism for ugly), especially compared to a 250SWB, TdF or Lusso.

Now, the 250SWB I saw round here a few months back, sat next to an F40 at traffic lights... And, yes, they did go for it when the lights changed. The F40 was fishtailing slightly as he floored it - in the dry.

Reply to
Adrian

Yes, there aren't that many about. You have set me thinking though - at first I thought that some rich American had bought it over here and was shipping it back to the USA, except he would have done that by cargo jet, not a Virgin Atlantic passenger job. So I have put two and two together along these lines: the next weekend saw a series of invitation races for historic cars at Laguna Seca (about 2 hours south of San Francisco) and I'm pretty sure that Nick Mason (ex Pink Floyd, or so my sons tell me ;-)) owns a 250GTO and also races it in events like that. What I think we saw was Branson doing a favour for an old mate. Well, I like to think so anyway...

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson